Saturday, July 4, 2009

If you could talk to the Animals

This is my take on the July Negative Space challenge at Ready, Set, Scrap by Tracey.



this is a layout of my 2 sons, Adam and Jarred at Dubbo Zoo in the 90's.

This challenge gave me an opportunity to use a technique I have wanted to try for ages, called "embedding". I used double thickness cardboard and cut out the shaped turtle, removed the first layer of corrugated cardboard and embedded the pic of the turle. You could do this with any embellishment which gives a 3D look to your page.
You have to be careful that you dont cut through to the second layer and try and keep the edges neat :)

I have covered all criteria:
1. Must use 2 pics, smaller than 4x6Must
2. NO cardstock or patterned paper as my base.
3. Used an alternative - double sided cardboard.
4. 1 chipboard element = Painted blue bird in RH corner.

I also painted the thickers title with Jo Sonya paints

******************************************************

Here's the criteria:

July Negative Space Challenge - set by Tracey Hunter

For this month's Negative Space challenge Tracey is going to make it tricky too!....LOL


  • Must use 2 pics, smaller than 4x6
  • Must NOT use cardstock or patterned paper as your base. Try to use an alternative such as cardboard, chipboard, transparency, canvas etc....
  • Must include at least 1 chipboard (or grungeboard) element somewhere on your creation
Here's Tracey's example:



*******************************************

Here's a few close ups of my layout:



and one of the embedded turtle



TFL
Shazza

No comments:

Post a Comment