Friday, January 15, 2010

Sorry Ladies, another one I forgot to upload......

This is my December ARTastic submission, the inspiration came from the Vermeer painting
'Girl with a Pearl Earring'.

Monthly Artist for December


Shazza Bishop - My Girl with the Pearl Earring


Ok Ladies... I followed the criteria with an earring on the page (lampshade pearl stuck to a Stampin UP! filigree brad). I used this portrait style photo of my DD Jenna, as she has a comtemplative look in her eye and I love the similarity to 'The Girl with the Pearl Earring'.
I used earthy tones for the flowers and a blue background taking the colors from the painting.
I cut a felt frame (my2angels) and used the flowers to fill up the space left on the corners. I love the painting and I love Vermeer as an Artist.

TFL
Shazza

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is magnificent Shazza, your daughter is the splitting image of her mum, the layout is just perfect. Great job.

    ReplyDelete