Saturday, February 6, 2010

'Shiver me Timbers' my submission for FS2S for February!!

We had to take our inspiration from 'Pirates of the Carribean poster for 'From Screen 2 Scrap' plus a little added criteria.....

Pirates of the Carribean - At Worlds End

CRITERIA:

1. A skull or two......!!

*Movie Diva Demand* For extra 3 bonus points (in total).......

1 x sword = 1pt, 1 x parrott = 1pt, 1 x pirate ship = 1pt

( This is optional, you dont have to do this but it does give you the extra bonus points!)

and here is my submission

'Shiver me Timbers'


Pic is of my son Jarred at one of his school dress up days.

Everything is hand cut and pieced together. The rigging on the boat is made of embroidery thread glued together and then put through a cut icy pole stick, I made the holes using my crop-a-dile. there is a little seagull sitting on the rigging. The rigging took me 3 hours to make and a lot of cursing!!!

I drew the deck of the ship and shadowed and darkened some areas to give dimension.

The chest was handcut from CS and jewels and coin added. The parrot was pieced together with tiny bits of c/s.

Title cut from red c/s and edged in white to stand out, added a treasure map with a bit of journaling along the bottom. Skulls and shells on the island. The pirate ship and anchor are iron-ons.

Hope you like it!
and TFL
Shazza

No comments:

Post a Comment