Monday, April 5, 2010

'The Heavenly and the Earthly Meet' at Scrap that Poetry

Below is the poem we had to use for inspiration at 'Scrap that Poetry' for April

An Easter Flower Gift- challenge #12

John Greenleaf Whittier Poem

O dearest bloom the seasons know,
Flowers of the Resurrection blow,
Our hope and faith restore;
And through the bitterness of death
And loss and sorrow, breathe a breath
Of life forevermore!
The thought of Love Immortal blends
With fond remembrances of friends;
In you, O sacred flowers,
By human love made doubly sweet,
The heavenly and the earthly meet,
The heart of Christ and ours

Here is my interpretation of the poem



I can't take full credit for this as I scraplifted some elements of this page from Tia ???, I will pop all info (and give tia full credit) up on my blog once we are able to post. Layout is called 'The Heavenly and the Earthly meet', once I stuck down the multitude of flowers I sewed thin satin stips across them and left them frayed and cottons hanging, I printed out the poem cut into pieces and stuck across the satin strips. I then scattered a few odd embellishments on the page.
I wanted to try something different, something not normally my style.................
I'm pleased with how it turned out! What do you ladies think?

Cheers
Shazza


No comments:

Post a Comment