Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Footprints.......

Hey pop on over to 'Scrap That Poetry' the latest poem 'Footprints in the Sand' is up and there is lots of inspiration from the DT ladies. would love to see you take on the challenge :)

Footprints in the Sand

Mary Stevenson

One night I had a dream --
I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord, and
Across the sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand;
One belonged to me, and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of my life flashed before us,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that many times along the path of my life,
There was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in my life
This really bothered me, and I questioned the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
You would walk with me all the way;
But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life,
There is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why in times when I
needed you the most, you should leave me.
The Lord replied, "My precious, precious
child. I love you, and I would never,
never leave you during your times of
trial and suffering.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."

Here is my interpretation:


Here is my sub for the month featuring Jarred my son leaving his footprints all over the sand at 'Ocean Grove' in 1988, of course I had to add the poem and some sandy feet lol

and a close up!


TFL
Shazza

No comments:

Post a Comment