Sunday, July 3, 2011

I won!! I won!!

Woohoo!! I won the Soul Scrap Quest # 8 at Soul Scrappers
hosted by DT member Karen Findlay

What a hoot this challenge was and what Great FREE STUFF (Yes, you heard me right!!) FREE STUFF to play with. Here is my entry....



and


and

Here is my entry for Karens 'Fantastic' Nautical challenge.

Sorry this is the best photo out of about 30 I took, its very hard to shut out the glare from the bottle!!!!

I chose to interpret the challenge by using a plastic lemonade/soda bottle and adding all my elements into the bottle. I got the idea from the SSQ#8 advert with the bottle on the beach. The pic is Jarred (my son) and I, when I went to visit him on Hamilton Island where he was working in 2008. The photo is taken down at the Marina with all the fancy million dollar yachts and boats.....

What I did with this challenge......

I used the quote...
I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky, And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by, And the wheel's kick and the wind's song and the white sail's shaking, And a gray mist on the sea's face, and a gray dawn breaking.
~John Masefield
I chose this quote as it mentioned tall ships, stars and wheels ( the cogs) It is located at the top of the bottle.

The element from my personal stash were the sea shells.

Tag with ship - I cut this from the tag and used the twine as rigging on the ship.
2 stamped images - The world ( I added to the wood cut out and placed in the bottom of the bottle with North, South, East and West indicators) ....the Anchor (I cut out and stuck the twine over the rope image)
The star is stuck near the bottle neck.
Twine(Rigging and rope as mentioned)
Sprockets - one is added to the journaling tag the other is under the anchor.
Brad is used to attach the journaling tag.
Woodcut out has world map stuck to it in the bottom of the bottle.
Dsp's - one has been used to form waves around the tall ship the other was used to cover the glueing of the bottle back together , around the outside bottom and around the neck and also as a cirlce on the top of the cork (hard to see)

Enjoyed this challenge Karen but must admit there were a few 'swears' as I tried to put this plastic bottle back together...thank heavens for Helmar 450 glue ( the only glue I use and its quick dry!!!)

Cheers
shazza

The next Soul Scrap quest will be uploaded shortly, so if you would like to have a go and love receiving FREE STUFF....just pop on over to Soul Scrappers and sign up :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Shazza, & SO well deserved....this is so creative, full of work & amazing to look at. Bet Jarred loves it too.

    ReplyDelete