Sunday, July 17, 2011

Technique challenge at Soul Scrappers

Here is my entry for Gwens Technique challenge at Soul Scrappers. You can get to Soul Scrappers from here.

This Months Technique challenge
is to use fabric on your page(s). 

NOT just ribbon, but a strip of fabric, several die cuts, cover your cardstock back with fabric, create a fabric book. Just do Something MORE than add a fabric flower or one strip of fabric please!   (sorry ribbon won't count as your fabric)

I did two pages, one each for Kimba and Astro


KIMBA
I just loved this challenge!!

I wanted to use fabric in a different way, so I thought of making a character out of fabric.....

I cut out a cat shape from a swirly beige/brown fabric and fused a cat face to the front using blanket stitch and used a brown pigment pen for the face details.

This is Kimba our Snow Bengal looking at his family portraits .... lol

The journaling says....Kimba's fathers name is Bengadale Jungle Spots' and Kimba's mothers anme is Sandikin Nadira. Being dainty and delicate himself, kimba is very much like his mother. Also, as part of Kimba's 'snowy' heritage includes some siamese hybrids. Kimba has inherited their love of talking and will chat and meow reminders all day!
and

ASTRO

I just loved this challenge!!

I wanted to use fabric in a different way, so I thought of making a character out of fabric.....

I cut out a cat shape from a grey scrap of fabric and fused a cat face to the front using blanket stitch and used a brown pigment pen for the face details.

This is Astro our British Blue looking at his family portraits on the wall.... lol

The journaling says....Astro's fathers name is 'Sunsilk Astro' and his mothers name is 'Hayley'. Astro has his fathers robust body, but has maintained the daintier facial features of his mum - making him a strong and handsome fellow :)

CHEERS
SHAZZA

1 comment:

  1. You have some beautiful cats! I love the fabric version you made of them - so clever!

    ReplyDelete