Thursday, September 13, 2012

Do you feel like a paper bag......

Hi Lovely Ladies!

Here is my example page for my song/Lyric Challenge over at Soul Scrappers. This month we are using the Song 'Firework' by Katy Perry. You must use a word....OR a couple of words...OR a sentence OR even the song title on your page. This is a free scrap so any theme goes :)

Do you feel like a paper bag..... 



I felt like doing a real arty piece, so here I have drawn and painted (look alike) plastic bags on to baking paper. Using Jo Sonja's artist acrylics. I basecoated the bags with smoked pearl, I side loaded my brush into Paynes Grey and painted the creases and shading. I then sideloaded with warm white on my brush loaded with Smoked pearl and blended over the highlighted areas. I then used a pen to outline the bags and then I cut them out. The paint has pulled away in some spots making the plastic bags look old and shabby. Exactly the technique I was looking for :)

Here is a close up!


Here is the prize you will be playing for :)


A selection of Chevron bags (not plastic bags!!) lol
These are great for adding hidden journaling on your layouts!
 
Would love to see some entries so please pop into Soul Scrappers
 
TFL
Shazza

No comments:

Post a Comment