Friday, April 4, 2014

Reflections of Hasan!

Here is my contribution to Hasan for.....

April 6th 2014: Raphael's Birthday - and a Day for Hasan Niyazi

Hasan sent this to Ed on his 37th birthday.  It is the Niccolini-Cowper Madonna in the National Gallery in Washington.

 

'US'

 Hasan and I met in August 2000, and we lived together til July 2013 (13 years)! Wow! what a great life we shared together, we enjoyed much of the same things, movies, art, nature, soccer, travel and eating out at restaurants. The only thing we didnt share was our taste in music, Hasan was into ...Well I call it 'weird stuff', and I was still stuck in the 70's (Skyhooks, Dragon, Little River Band etc...)  lol

As much as I loved the passion Hasan had for Raphael, I think a lot of it will be covered by his art historian close friends on this special Raphael/Hasan Day, and to tell you the truth I am a bit 'Raphaeled Out', as I had Raphael in my life daily for many years remember. :) We had Raphael all over the house, from books, prints, even a fairing of 'Madonna of the Goldfinch' to little framed Raphaels.....the list goes on. Hasan would always read me bits and pieces from his extensive book collection on Raphael.

So my blog piece will just be from the heart with photos, poems and drawings that Hasan left me, and now make up the memories that I cherish the most. I am a scrapbooker, memory keeper (or as Hasan used to say...'Hoarder'). Scrapbooking is a method for preserving personal and family history in the form of a scrapbook. Typical memorabilia include photographs, printed media, and artwork. Scrapbook albums are often decorated and frequently contain extensive journaling. 

 

 Hasan and his beloved Astro



A sketch Hasan drew of me back in 2001

 

A poem he sent me in a card back in 2001. I loved his handwriting

The poem says...

I miss my girl, I miss her smile,

Though she's only been gone a little while, 

I love her laugh, I love her voice,

 I love her hugs and kisses of course,

Still most of all, I love her heart,

So kind and giving from the start,

What's better still is she loves me, 

So my smile is true, just wait and see 

03/01/2001

 

 

A recent Hasan selfie


This was my 2013 prediction for Hasan....

Journaling says.....

1) Stay fit and healthy

2) Finish a major part of your 'Raphael' project 

3) Go on a nice holiday with me :)

4) Be a fabulous uncle to your new nephew Taylan

 

One of the last selfies, Hasan took of himself.

He's looking very daper, don't you think?

 

Hasan 'Best Man' at Dave and Zalaks wedding 


Another poem....

 

Hasan in Pattaya' Thailand in 2005 with his two cheeky friends! 

 

Hasan with 'Chloe' in the background

 

Photos taken at Monselvat in 2013

 

Way back in 2000 - He always said the nicest things :)

 

 Our trip to 'Playa Del Carmen' Mexico in 2006

Hasan standing in front of 'Chitzinitza'

OMG!! - I remember that day vividly it was about 50 degrees in the shade!!!

 

Astro's first birthday!! lol 

 Tuna cake...MEOW!!!

I just had to add this page of Hasans beloved Astro

 

Hasan in Florence 2013

Lunch at Abbortsford Convent in Collingwood 2012

Frosty fruit share 2012 :)

Once upon a time I kissed a frog and fell in love with the handsome Prince!

 

Another poem from Hasan...

When things are meant to be, 

Angels will see it to be done,

So long have I searched and dreamed, 

For the love from that special one...

A smile and a blessing you are to my heart,

Like sunshine on a beautiful day,

Beside you Sharon my joy is so true,

In my heart you will forever stay..

On that note I would like to say, that Hasan has not left my side since he passed away. He is still with me in the course of my day, every place I go and every place I look--and this is a great source of strength and comfort :)

by

Shazza xx

**************************************


 

 

 

 

12 comments:

  1. Hasan's 37th birthday (not mine, which was too long ago to recall!) However, he certainly remembered that I was born and raised in Washington and grew up with the National Gallery's Raphaels--including this one. Thanks for sharing these wonderful images! I had never seen the photo of Hasan at Piazzale Michelangelo here in Florence. And I never realized that you had traveled to Mexico (a country I find endlessly fascinating.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hasan would be very proud of you, not only for the lovely tribute but for not allowing yourself to be lowered to the same level as what you have been treated.
    My heart goes out to Shazza and I truly believe you reap what you sew.
    D Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading this and learning more about Hasan's life. What a sweet person he was, and how nice of you to have so many precious memories, including poems and other tangible memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon,
    This is such a lovely way to honor Hasan's memory as well as the life you had with him. Clearly you were good for each other, I know you were precious to him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second D's comment - notwithstanding the typo (oops!):

    Galatians, 6: 7-8 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

    Not quite my Bible, but still...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a wonderful tribute to the fabulous Hasan, dear Shazza! Fabulous poems & fabulous pages & great photos of your handsome love Hasan. Hugs always friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tribute to Hasan. How lucky you both were to have one another and to share so many wonderful memories. He treasured and valued you greatly and I hope his memory will always comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shaz This is beautiful. His memory will live forever in the mind, photos and memories you both shared. It's a sham they won't be shared with his family because they never got to know him like we all did and especially you and his close friends.... He's with you in spirit..
    Love Lil Sis xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is beautiful.. we will always miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this lovely tribute to Hasan. I knew Hasan more-so from a professional standpoint (as an online art historian), but I did come to know his fun-loving personality and inquisitive mind through his writing and correspondences. I think that the pictures you have shown here capture the Hasan that I came to know, if only through blog posts and emails about art history and the Renaissance.

    -Monica Bowen

    ReplyDelete
  11. A loving tribute...Thanks for sharing Hasan with us through your photos and memories.

    ReplyDelete